Starting apixaban tonight 5mg, what side effects can I expect?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope all is well and good.

I'm 26 and been on anticoagulants for the past 6 years but reducing them now after speaking to the Dr.

Most like warfarin, heparin, rivaroxaban gave me horrible side effects which became unbearable.

Now I've been prescribed apixaban 5mg what are the side effects that some of you has? I am so worried.

Thanks for your help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey I had blood clots in my lungs. I started taking it 8 months ago. I'm on twice a day at 150 mg. I started breaking out with a red rash that does not itch. I just got some kind of rash on the top of my hands and its different from the other. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Charlene thanks for your reply. Did you take apixaban?

I always try not to exaggerate prior to taking a new medicine, but I suppose only time tells it's effects

• Posted

I take Pradaxa because it is one of the ones that has a antidote. When I first got put on the blood thinner it freaked me out the thought of bleeding to death. But I read how Pradaxa had a antidote called Praxbind. So I switched from Eliquis.
  • Posted

Hi,

Can I begin by asking why a dosage of 5mg? I ask only due to the fact that the agreed therapeutic dose is 2.5mg, twice a day.

I have been taking Apixaban for over two years now without any side effects whatsoever.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi i have been on apixaban  5mg since 28th march 2018 following a P.E. so far I have had no side effects whatsoever. So do not worry. good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.