Starting this med today!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on Prozac 20 years changing to venafluxine today! Bit nervous but my anxiety and panic is so bad I can't cope!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

good luck!! ive been on it for a good year now, wasnt the best one for me. I found it to be a horrible med in general. My memory declined, and feel like my mind is in a fog 24/7. Im in the process of getting weaned off and its impossible. The withdraws are horrific. I guess it effects people differntly so i hope for the best.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel. I have just started back on ven I'm hoping it will work for you. Like you I'm suffering bad with anxiety and panic and it's horrible. Hope the tablets start working for you soon.
    • Posted

Hi Christopher. I read that this is your time on Effexor for second time. Did it work for you the first time and did you have a hard time stopping?
  • Posted

How are you doing now Rachel? I came across your post after posting is anyone out there just starting on Effexor. I am 2 weeks on and nervous for this os my first time taking Effexor and the horror stories out there reay dont give me any warm fuzzies. Please let me know how you are progressing and I will do the same here. God bless!
    • Posted

im 10 days in now, and my anxiety has def got better, i admit im not liking the horror stories either, but i am convincing myself that everyone is different, i like to have a glass of wine but am a bit scared about drinking on them, alos my sleep is a bit disturbed, 

How are you finding the Shirley x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.