Statin and coenzyme Q10?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone taking statin with coenzyme Q10? I have been doing some research and i have come across a lot of sites that recommend that. Have you felt a difference? Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Based on various discussions here, I have started taking Costco Kirkland brand Coenezyme CQ10. Will let you know in a few months. Also, started running 3-4 days in the morning. Surprisingly, 3 doctors that I know who prescreibe these drugs all run for exercise in their own personal life. I guess prevention is better than the cure itself.
  • Posted

Hi , it's me again ! I also took Co Q0 with the meds for 15 years. The cholestrol meds prevent your body from making co q10. So you need to take it. I didn't notice anything different though.

• Posted

Hi Tina.  Many people on here have commented that taking CoQ10 has helped them.  I took them for a while after statins blasted my health to bits but to be honest, didnt find much benefit and gave them up due to cost.  I did a little research into Q10 generally and found out that there is much hype about taking ubiquinol because its 'better' but realistically it probably is just hype and a bit of a con to make you buy something more expensive.  Many recommendations stated that you would be just as well served by buying an economy brand, as Vijay has said, Costco is good on price.  Guess the results and benefits vary from person to person so its probably worth a try.  In the end I ditched statins and hoped the degenerative health problems would work themself out eventually - some did, some I guess I'm stuck with.

• Posted

Oh. And by the way , you may have already done your own research on this stuff. Just trying to help out with my 2 cents. CoQ10 helps your cells make energy and is a naturally made antibiotic. I have a tendency to get carried away and probably say too much. But after I found out that pharmaceuticals hid a lot of their research from the government and doctors I just don't trust them very much.

• Posted

YES ! and I am also taking magnesium. Only been on it for 4 days but the pain in my neck has eased, my 24/7 fog in my head is clearing. There is also something called stat guard now on the market which even doctors are saying you should take if on statins, you can also take that instead of CQ10.
  • Posted

I found a big difference with my memory, it took a while to kick in but it helped i think

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.