Statin for 3.4-3.6 cholesterol

Posted , 4 users are following.

The time I discovered 90% blockage in LAD and up to 70% in right heart artery. My cholesterol was 3.4

I got a stent done.

All above was done at my own cost, NHS would not had done the sten for years. PLEASE READ MY READ THREAD FOR ATROVASTATIN FOR FULL STORY HOW I GOT THE STENT DONE.,

Dispite this I am required to have 40mg atovastatin, which gives me terrible muscle cramps.

If such low cholesterol can cause blockage, where is the proof that it is The cholesterol that is responsible for blockage

I ticked all the boxes for healthy lifestyle.

1- wieght 54 -56 kg  male 63 yrs %ft %inch

2- do not smoke - ever

3- No alchohol

4_ 100% vegeterian

5- very active, was going to Gyme for 1 hr everyday morning.

6- during day lot of activities  DIY gardening.

7_ diet. fruit at 10 am then  atleast 2 fruits in the vening. Always have veg salads with lunch. Eat lots of currried vegetables. very reluctant to have indian sweets and snacks. have unbuttered bread and chapati therefore such a low cholesterol

YET I HAD SUCH BAD BLOCKAGE.

The problem is other than cholesterol. It is not ONLY ALL ABOUT HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. I AM A LIVING PROOF> that there is something like genes and the way the blood gets clotted in your arteries. for this statin can not do anything apart from reducing cholesterol. 

Is there  an ideal no. as to how low the cholesterol should be. Even lower than 3.4 to 3.6 ? ???

Or there is just an automatic requirement to have statins.

ANY SENSIBLE SUGGESTIONS???????!!!!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello hirani, Atorvastatin, I was on for 6 months, stopped them because the cramps in my leg was so bad I could not walk, my cholesterol was also low, try asking for a different statin , there are different ones, also it can be heredetary, we all need a certain amount of cholesterol in our bodies for our brains to work and any other part of our body that needs it so I would check wether it is the LDL or the HDL that is too high with your Dr and get him to explain it to you. you cholesterol should not be lower than 3.4. certainly 3.
  • Posted

I had to have my aortic valve replaced 3 years ago because of non-cholesterol related stenosis, which has still not been adequately described to me as to what that actually is.  But they made it clear that it had nothing to do with cholesterol.  They termed it "non-cholesterol related".

Yet they still put me on Simvistatin, which decimated my memory and I hope without long term effects.  I mean how will I know?  Things will just not come to me and I'll never know what.

So no, cholesterol cannot be left too low either.  Our brains need it to function correctly.  The 40 mg/day of Simvistatin took my totally perfect cholesterol readings down a full third, and in the process compromised my mind.  My USA ideal range will be in different terms from European, but yes my medical people have a definite range that each of the LDL and HDL should be within.  I am assuming 3.4 is ideal where you live.

I stopped the statins, have gotten my mind and memory back (as far as I know...) and I am not looking back.  

Never for me again, seeing as how I really didn't need them anyway as my cholesterol readings have always been good (or as my cardiologist put it when I read them off to him after I had quite the statins: "You're perfect"). Sounds like you don't need them either.  They are good riddance, in my book.  I like having my mind and memory back, I have some great memories from decades ago that have flooded back in recently, and I could not be happier to be in contact with them again.  

• Posted

Oops, meant quit the statins.
  • Posted

I think this has already been said, but if your cholesterol is as low as you say YOU DON'T NEED STATINS and IT'S DANGEROUS TO LOWER YOUR CHOLESTEROL TO THAT EXTENT.

If your cholesterol was that low before you needed the stent, then obviously the blockage wasn't caused by high choelsterol, so why take statins to lower it to a dangerous level?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.