Statins, aches, memory loss, dizzy, pain, should I stop?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I have been on statins for about on and off for 10 years! 80 mg fluvastatin and 10mg ezetimide, type 1 diabetic strong family history early death from heart failure. . Shortly after i started taking statins I got glandular fever and then I didn't get better, and was diagnosed with cfs. I was told to stop taking statins 3 months after diagnosis of cfs , got better, went back to work. About a year later and went back on and things were OK for a while. Then pain, brain fog crept in and doctors said this was cfs again, and possibly fibromyalgia, which I accepted . So I have been leading restricted life but managing with pain, brain fog. I am otherwise very happy, healthy, little stress It has become very difficult and now very dizzy ( new) so I then wondered is it cfs (!?) and researched statins! I have just stopped to see of it is. I guess I am wondering on others thoughts, it could be statins right?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.