Steroid injections

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had three roudjs of steroid injections. After the first I felt great after the second one week later it feel like it ran down my throat and no difference after the third a week later I felt good again however had a little pain behind the ear

Since the first injection I had no dizzy spells but it's now 10 days past the third and I had a couple that were easier then normal but nonetheless had them

Had anyone me experienced this? I read where it may take a couple weeks after gentamicin injections to be dizzy free but not sure about the steroid ones. I sure did feel good after the first one only wish it stayed like that

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had two rounds of steroids and gentamycin(?). Both worked for a little while each time, but then was worse after a while each time. Ended up having a Labyrinthectomy on 12/13.
    • Posted

My friend had that also. How have you been since? And how long was your recovery?
  • Posted

Been their done that no long term cure just money for short term fix. That's just me though others may have found success.

• Posted

I'm in the middle of a Gentamicin treatment. No vertigo with the first round. Back in two weeks for round two. (My ENT was gonna do it at two weeks, but I have a busy weekend coming up that I can't miss. If it kicks in during that weekend, it'd be trouble.) I'm waiting for my hearing to go so that I can have the Labrinthectomy. That seems to be the only "permanent fix". Even though it destroys your hearing, I'm willing to do that to not be seasick and in bed 5-10 days a month.

• Posted

I'm with you did you have the steroid injections prior to the gentamicin my first week after the first shot I felt great second week not bad third week great and then day 8 after the third shot I had a dizzy sleek but it was minor comparibly. My friend had the nerve cut and it didn't do anything different to his hearing key is the nerves run parallel so they can't nick the hearing nerve

Good luck to you

• Posted

I did a round of steroid injections (4 over 10 days) to try and settle things down. It didn't really work (I had another episode of rotational vertigo) so we decided to move on with the Gent. I had my Gent injection 2 weeks ago, no vertigo but I'm still getting dizzy as the day moves on. Doing my vestibular rehab (eye exercises) that I got taught after my first round of Gent 18 months ago. Still getting dizzy and seasick by the end of the day. Still working, so that's good. I've been lucky in that I've not had a ton of rotational vertigo episodes, but right now the day to day dizzy, seasick, and brain fog is just too much. The hearing in my MD has diminished, but I haven't had it checked since this injection.

• Posted

Well good luck. My friend has the vest nerve cut over a year ago with great results and no change in hearing no better no worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.