Sticking with the natural

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed with osteoporosis some 30 years ago, but after taking Fosamax for a while I found it was causing eyesight problems. It was exchanged for another tablet I cannot remember the name of, but decided not to take any more drugs for safety's sake! However over the years, despite being very active in some sports as well as being generally active I was okay . Just over two years ago a foolish endeavour to take part in a fasting planned to last for 40 days affected my body very quickly, as I noticed much weakening generally, tiredness, laziness due to the dreadful weariness, I was losing my grip. After the age of 50 all women should be paying attention to their bones, its the time they start to deteriorate and it can happen rapidly. Determined to find out what I could to help myself, I sought herbal and natural products. And how difficult that was without advice, as that necessitated cost, however I plodded on and found Collagen the best for rebuilding bones, searching for magnesium which comes in all sorts of types, I believe, I think there are about 13 different types of magnesium available, but how to find out which are needed, I have not yet discovered. I banned all processed food from my diet, apart from cheddar cheese and kept to fresh vegetables, fruit, and eggs. I recommended by someone to take Alendronic Acid, something I had never heard of (I thought) and searched it out, only to find its another form of Fosamax!! I am progressing slowly, too slowly for me, but I have no choice but to press ahead.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.