Still Anxious

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

I increased to 30mg 12 weeks ago after being on 20mg for years and 25mg for 10 weeks. I still feel anxious throughout the day and evening when doing nothing. My jaw clenching and muscle twitching and feeling tense and my breathing strange. I have improved but still have anxiety and not sure what to do. Any advice or support would really help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Collette,

I'm sorry you are going through this. can I ask you why you decided to increase? I was on 10 for many years, and then through the last couple of years felt my generalized anxiety disorder seem to get worse. So I talk to my doctor and she said I should try to move it up to 20 mg, which actually years before I went on 10, was my actual therapeutic dose. Anyway, so for one week I went to 12.5 and now is day 18 on 15 mg. It is really common in the first few weeks of increasing to get all of the start up side effects. Which includes high anxiety. You've been on this for a while now and I know many people hear her say that sometimes it takes months for your doses to settle and level out. I am wondering though, if maybe you should talk to your doctor to see if maybe they need to add something else for your anxiety. I know at one point recently my doctor talk to me about adding BuSpar to my citalopram. I haven't done that though. I am still just working on my dosage with citalopram. Each time I raise my dose I do get very sore jaw and teeth, clenching, and right now I am going through muscle spasms and muscle pain. At first it was in my jaw, neck and shoulders really bad now that he has gotten better, it's in my lower back and hips… Today my lower back feels better, but now I am getting the pain in my thighs, ankles and feet. I also get a lot of my twitching. All of this should eventually pass. I hope that helps a little bit. I know it's a frustrating process. Yesterday and the day before I seem to have a couple of better days, the one symptom of my anxiety, and when changing doses, is a dizzy, drunk, woozy, feeling all day. For two days in a row it felt better than it has in a long time… Then today I feel like it's right where it was from the beginning. I know this is how it works with windows and waves, but it is so darn frustrating.

• Posted

hi shelly

I had a copper coil fitted and then 2 weeks later anxiety and panic attacks sky rocketed. I an not sure if it has anything to do with it. but for years 20mg kept me level. I tried 25mg with little improvement for 10 weeks. then moved to 30mg to see if it would help. 30mg has helped I am now back at work and able to function a little better. Still not driving and being alone for long periods of time. I have anxiety at night. I also get anxiety at weekends. not sure what to do. my mental health practitioner gave me an option to increase or switch meds. but after reading on here I didn't know it I need more time on 30mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.