Still can't get over my Ex

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I met my ex I came down with depression and anxiety literally from the start to the end. I was never myself lost loads of weight and basically was paranoid upset and couldn't handle the relationship.

It came out of nowhere and I really liked him I was looking for someone just like him and he said he felt a connection to me and could see himself falling in love with me.

Obviously these words play on my mind almost 24/7

I feel he's met a new girl whose perfect for him smarter than me has mor in common and prettier.

By no means am I going out of my way to keep a hold of him but I wake up and he's first thing I think about and the last thing I think about...does anyone have the same?

It's been 6 months and I'm still struggling

It annoys me how everyone around me is like oh just get over it which is fair enough or they say you still going on about it.

What I'm trying to say is I feel an injustice my sickness ruined something I would have quite preferred to have played out naturally if that had been the case.

I feel the pain I don't want to do the dating game again I just wanted to be happy

Am I stupid?

I feel nothing but annoyance and anger. Peope I care about are always taken away. I was close to my dad until I found out he had assaulted my sister for years.

I'm tired of being strong sometimes I think with most humans we reach that point where things just get too painful and being strong just feels like something I'm

Just doing in vain.

I can't help I still care a lot and I really wish I had another chance.

It came out of nowhere the moment we went on a date there it was the depression and anxiety kicked in.

I feel so much pain and sadness sometimes that I feel nothing for most days and tbh yeh I would rather die I would because it went too far this time.

I didn't want it to end but have to accept it as perusal bad things happen and I just have to accept it .

I'm 27 and I wanted to meet my soul mate I feel bad for even wanting that

He wasn't perfect but I can't let go

I'm nothing like his new squeeze who is perfect for him and that brings me so much sadness

I just wanted to be happy

I'm just tired of always having to put so much energy into life always something to lose or battle against

And it's just too much now

And nobody understands

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I tend to agree you should never compare yourself to anyone as everyone is unique there is no two people the same. I understand whole heartidly what you are going through i had a friend try suicde over this so it is a subject that hits home. To get him through it i moved in with him 4 a few months and made him clearly see that there is more to life in the present than that of dwelling on the past. We all have had these feelins about someone at some point in our lives and just like they would tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel but its not going to be easy. Firstly think ive mentioned this before you need to truely know thst you are a wonderful person and the fact that you are suffering from anxiety does not make you weak. Your a strong person who when needing help does the brave thibg and asks for it. He wasnt perfect so maybe you should think of those reasons as to why he wasnt perfect. Oobvisiouly you know deep down inside what needs to be done but its alright we say these things to ourselves but maybe in your case you need to say them aloud so that you would believe in yourself. Stop judging yourself. The worst person you could pick a fight with is yourself.look after number one you! Give yourself a day of and enjoy life do not let it pass you by. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.