Still convinced I have HIV after test

Posted , 7 users are following.

Over a year ago I had an unprotected one night stand. I had pretty much all of the symptoms of HIV and was absolutely convinced I was positive.

I took the test, rang up the doctors the following Monday and was told everything came back normal. I rang back the day after because I was still anxious and the woman said 'so you recently did a test for HIV? Yeah, that came back fine no further treatment needed'.

Its been a month now and I still doubt whether I heard her right, my brain tries to convince me otherwise

If I were positive my doctor would have been in touch by now, right? Its my universitys walk in clinic.

Every time somebody mentions HIV I go into a state of fear and panic all over again.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

those test are cheap. why no taking another one, somewhere else? I am sure there are free options, or you pay small amout of money. for a reassurance
  • Posted

Symptoms can be symptoms for anything... did you get extremely sick after the one night stand, almost like a flu? that's the biggest sign of HIV, you get extremely sick as soon as you get it. But regular symptoms could be anything. If you have HIV you will be extremely sick all the time, let me know.

• Posted

Hi

Did you had hpv vaccination? Hpv and along with anxiety gives the same.

• Posted

I had two of the three vaccines so unfortunately I'm not covered. 

I'm glad you mentioned this though. I've looked into it and I think thats what I had, especially now I have taken a negative HIV test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.