Still not getting any better! Anyone had similar?

Posted , 3 users are following.

red rings on glans with whitish outline, seems to look better some days and worse others. really affecting my mental health, thanksimage

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

did you ever try steroid cream ?

• Posted

i have yeah, the dermatoligist gave me some which seemed to make it look better for the first few days then it made it ten times worse

• Posted

i have this exact issue and im at a loss i havent tried dermatologist yet my doctors are just wasting my time having me come in for nothing and i forget to ask what i want to ask

• Posted

dont let them shrug you off, it took me a while to see a dermatoligist but i got there in the end! although i was told its not that bad and to try the creams they suggested its not got any better, im going to go back

• Posted

I've had a similar situation. Talk to your dermatologist about Tacrolimus Ointment 0.1%. It's not a steroid anti-inflammatory ointment that you apply twice a day for two weeks. Mine started clearing up within 48 hours. Hope this helps.

• Posted

ive just checked ive actually got some of that, if i remeber correctly it made a slight difference but then it got worse. maybe i didnt give it long enough to work, it says to use it once a day for 4 weeks

• Posted

Yes, I think you need to let it run its course. I did the same thing but followed the directions and it worked for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.