Still on Achilles problems.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well, I just reviewed several posts from a few years ago. Now, I don't feel alone or nuts.

1 year conservative treatment for 1) heal bursitis,2) Achilles tendonitis, 3) small tear in Achilles near ankle, 4) Calcification of tear, 5) tendonosis ( destruction of tendon integrity, 6) PRP injection to cause inflammation of tendon to start regeneration, 7) MRI shows bone spur on top of heal bone is tearing tendon. Only 20% of Achilles is intact. Haglund deformity. Need surgery. 8) Set up out patient surgery. Husband unable to be with me due to pandemic. Nerve block. General Anesthesia for a 3 hour surgery. 9) Cut useless fibers away. Cut tendon and sawed off back of heal bone. Screwed tendon to remaining heal. 10) Called husband to pick me up. Staff to wheel my out.11) partial cast splint. NWB Pain meds for 2 weeks, yea. 12) Knee scooter is great. CAM boot to knee. NWB. boot to bed. 13) Sutures out. Foot still numb and heel pain. NWB 2 months. 14) Amazing what you can do using kitchen sink for hair wash and body clean. NWB. Steps using butt. 15) CAM off at night. Started P.T.. 16) NWB massage and scar manipulation. Green band to stretch and strengthen muscle. Tiny bit of muscle. ROM of heel.17) Can bear weight using walker. CAM on. More excersizes . Walking short distances. Balance off. Butt used for steps Shower seat is wonderful.18) Pain worsens by evening. Swelling. Numbness persists on sole of foot. Heal bottom gets sharp pain. PT 2x/week. 40$ each. 1 1\2 hr. Great therapist. 19)Working on balance without boot. Using resistance band for calf and heel strength. Top of foot numb. Pain moves from ankle to toes. Feels very tight by 6pm. Up more.20) No more boot. Foot Ankle stiff. Constantly working on ROM 21) Walking on side walk, free style. Wearing backless shoes. Using " stepper" Made one for home. Still trying tippy toe raises. Operatine leg lasts 5 seconds on own. Use kitchen counter for heel raises. Hamstring every day. 22) Doing more is causing evening pain and swelling. Jabs in calf to toes. Ankle feel like some one put on b/p cull and pumped it up. OTC pain med not helping. Ice helps a bit. Massaging and diversion for pain. 23)Real bad this evening. To grocery then to sister's. Stocked fridge. Husb . big help. Had trouble walking down small grade. Why are steps getting harder to do. More pain than long ago. See ortho in 5 days for 6th month follow up. Was doing better 1 month ago. Said 1 year recovery. Sad about regression.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.