Still ongoing bladder issues.

Posted , 3 users are following.

This has been going on since Feb of this year.  I don't have the urge to urinate until my bladder is completely full.  When I do go I still retain 200cc's of urine, it's basically the same everytime.  I periodically use cathetors but I hate them so much.  My urologist doesn't seem to understand whats going on.  I've had several appointments with him and he's really not trying anything new.  Should I be referred to a neurologist maybe?  Are there medications out there that will hep my brain and ballder talk again?  I'm 43 and really don't want to go through life like this.  My urologist doesn't see this as a big deal but I do and I want a resolution for this.  Any suggestions would ge greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

also forgot to say that when I do go it's a very weak stream and just dribbles out.  How can I regain pressure in my bladder again?

• Posted

If your urologist is not doing anything for you maybe it time to get a second opinon.  It may help.  At your age you should not be having theses problem.  Good luck  Ken
  • Posted

Yes, the are medications called cholinomimetics, or cholinergic agonists, for the treatment of bladder atony. If it is your case, this may help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.