still waiting for polyectomy of the colon results been 2 weeks and 1 day today

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi had a large polps removed on the 14 june and sent away to histolagy been on to gp and nothing yet has gone to them even only to say its been sent away for testing on the 21st going out my mind with worry carnt stop crying has anyone else waitind this long 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley,

This delay in test results has happened to me over and over again and indeed it is frustrating.

I have found that often, the Histology departments etc. are waiting for GP's to request the results of tests and GP's somethimes don't do this until patients start to pester them.

The referring GP, consultant will be sent the results first - so whoever did the colonoscopy biopsy probably received them, but for you to hear the results you may have to promt your GP to request them.

What makes it worse is that Histolagy aren't able to talk directly to patients for confidentiality reasons.

I really sympathise. I assume you are in the UK? If so, it really speeds things up to get PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) involved by emailing or calling them - they seem to have access and authority to chase up the hospital systems. Each hospital should have their (PALS) contact listed on their website.

• Posted

In my experience, a rapid contact after a biopsy is uaually not so good news. Extra time may mean that so far things are looking good but are waiting to be perfectly sure that the finding remains on the benign side.
  • Posted

They can be a bit slow but keep chasing! Don't get too worried (easily said I know) - often they worry more about the number of polyps more than the size of just one. And remember the most important thing - the fact it has gone for tests means they took it out which is the big, big thing. Hope you get some news soon!

• Posted

thankyou the fact that its gone will that mean the cancers gone if its in the polps as he said no cancer found before they took it off 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.