Stoma Reversal for Diverticular

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a stoma reversal on the 16th of February this year. I was discharged 4 days later although I did not have a movement. I was readmitted hours later with a blockage in my small intestines. I had to have a second operation. This was only the start of my nightmare. I was discharged five times and readmitted 5 times. I had to have a third operation for an abscess. I am in constant pain. I am now officially under weight. I cannot eat, I look at food and just turn away, the Doctor has prescribed Fortisips. I had no idea that a reversal could be this bad, I was only warned that you could go up to twelve times a day, or be constipated, I only prepared myself for that. I now know that I would have been better off keeping my bag, I was used to it, I would be having a normal day right now, and I would have been eating normally. Can anyone help at all? If I could just eat, I feel things would improve, right now I just feel as though I am wasting away, just dying slowly.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.