Stomach ache first thing in morning and sometimes after eating

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hi,

I have stomach aches in the morning first thing which slowly improves throughout the day, but can get worst after I eat. Just wondering if anyone has anything similar? I have been to see the doctor and he thought it was acid related, although i have been on anti-acids and they did not help much. The next step in the process is to have a camera down my throat but i am trying all i can to avoid that! Any adivce?

3 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jamie

You could have irritable bowel syndrome. Along with anxiety this could be afftecting your stomach. read up on it and you will see if it describes the way your feeling. make sure you dont eat late in the evening and take time when eating your meals.

• Posted

Hi Beth

Yes that what i think it could be. I have had tests for allergies to various things and they have all come back clear. What sort of tests could I expect in order to be given a diagnosis for that? Thanks for the advice.

• Posted

Hi Jamie

there are no tests for ibs but if your blood work and other stuff is clear then ibs is the likely cause. Its extremely common and unfortuantley there is no cure except healthy diet and regualar exersise. your doctor may give you something to help but in my experince most things dont work its all about what you eat.

• Posted

Ok thanks. What do you think are the best things to eat and best to avoid ?
    • Posted

its hard to say as each person react differently but i would stay clear from the obvious things like fatty foods. so avoid greasy, fatty foods. also eat smaller portions and try not to eat a meal after 6 in the evening as it tends to not digest before you go to bed if you eat late. Cut down on alcohol if you drink as that is the worst thing for your stomach. You need pleny of exersise and also you must relax as anxiety puts our stomach in knots. you can get lots of info online about ibs and what foods can trigger bouts of ibs. 
  • Posted

I would not be to scared if you are talking about the Endoscopy I had it done and I dont really remember it. But that is how they found out I had gastritis inflamation of the stomack lining. At lease now I know that helps a little.
    • Posted

Makes it all so much easier to get an endoscooy. And they take little samples and send them off to a lab. Removes all the potential worries too.
    • Posted

I have what you have recently I started being sick with terrible burning my stomach know doesn't feel right when I eat I'm getting pain I feel it's my bowel s been like this a week still not better ???

• Posted

i wake up with acid near throat all from worry fo another day.

• Posted

I had that,it was the main reason why I couldn't sleep or eat.Mine felt like that butterfly feeling you get when you're taking your driving test or doing a speach,but times by 100. I don't think I had a solid bowel movement in 12 months (is that too much?).
  • Posted

I've had camera down, they found gastritis. But I have since started to wake at daft o,clock with stomach pains. This has gone on since Xmas. Last week someone suggested I might be lactose intolerant. Felt much better since giving it up. Check all lables lactose is in more than you think. Only been a week but already a difference. Worth a try. 
    • Posted

Did going lactose free help your gastritis? I have had this stupied gatritis for almost two months now. I was on  the low end with weight in the first place and I have lost 13 pounds now I am underweight and it looks bad. I got gastritis from my panic and anxiety. Which became worse in November....They say get rid of the stress and stay on a strict diet but I am telling you how do you try to lower your stress when you can not eat and have to worry about what you eat and are starting to look like a skeleton...Okay sorry guess I ranted a bit, Just frustrated.
    • Posted

I beleive it could be gastritis, I dont live a particularly healthy life style at the moment, I smoke and binge drink once a week (im a student). I have little money to spend on food so I get easy frozen food which isnt particularly good for me. I finish my course soon so will be able to control diet etc more. What sort of strict diet do you mean? What would this diet consist of?
    • Posted

Hi Valerie, I know what you mean, I've lost 2 stone. One stone looked ok now I look malnourished ! It's not a good look at my age 57. I've always been very fit and muscular. I hate looking in mirror. The scales are my enemy, I have to get on them just to prove I'm not any less than I am. Rant all you want, it's horrible being like this. It rules my life. 
    • Posted

ps I am waiting for CT scan results. And in 2 weeks having a colonoscopy. At least now they are looking at other things not just under the umberella of Gastritis. 

Hope you have a better day x

• Posted

My doctor recomended this book to me. Dropping Acid by Jamie Koufman and I downloaded the nook version to my Iphone.. It puts you on a induction diet for at lease two weeks then you can try to move up to the maintaince diet which has a good amount of healthy recipies for you to try. On one of the boards here a women used it with curing her gatritis also so I had to get the book. It starts by eliminating the problem foods that cause problems Like acidic food, Dairy, fatty foods, coffee, chocholate, mint etc their is a good list of foods that can hurt your stomach. Thats why I gots this book it helped a lot with the then what can I eat. Made it easier.
    • Posted

That is good keep us updated .  I sometimes wonder if I have more issues too. I just keep saying there has to be more to this then just a little inflamation on my stomach lining.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.