Stomach pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with h pylori and was eradicated shortly after treatment confirmed two stool tests this was in June since then I have had a constant pain that comes and goes in my stomach everyday about two inches below the sternum a deep dull pain makes me nauseous and sometimes have migraines sometimes better when I eat sometimes not I'm clueless I have had blood panels done ct done on abdomen and pelvic region ultra sound of gall bladder hida of gallbladder fraction discharge of 42% no signs of ulcers from my May endoscopy and colonoscopy slight stomach inflammation

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

As part of you hp therapy you were given a PPI (there are a number of similar ones).

Have you tried taking them now ?

• Posted

I have taken omeprazole protonix lanzprazole Prilosec none of which have helped I get a hungry feeling on empty stomach but as soon as I eat it hurts no burning more of a stabbing pain in my stomach and I'm immediately full
  • Posted

Well that is three different PPIs (Prilosec is a trade name for Omeprazole. Protonix is a trade name for a different PPI).

It sounds an awful lot to be trying since June. And you definitely don't want to be using PPis as a way of life.

What does a straightforward - non side effect - antacid do for you ?

Such as Calcium Carbonate tabs from Boots.

• Posted

Haven't tried them idk where to even look for them at plus this pain here lately has been right after I eat something and a small amount I feel full and stomach hurts directly two inches below sternum dead center surly it's not pancreatus
  • Posted

Well it sounds more Gastric than Pancreatitis which might beĀ  a little to the right of the Sternum. But Pancreatitis caused by Gall stones can be very very painful. Don't think you would be in doubt that you would require hospital treatment. Symptoms might include looking yellow and jaundiced. You might have very pale yellow to white stools because of a lack of bile.
    • Posted

The ultrasounds didn't show any signs of stones anywhere in just clueless and so are the doctors idk what to do my stool is light brown to dark brown like soft serve ice cream sometimes hard I drink a lot of water as I work outside everyday my pee had just a little yellow tint that's it blood pressure good pulse good just have pain deep in pit of stomach after eating it sucks cause I'm only 5foot 9 and 149 lbs I was 5'9" 166 before I got sick when I was lifting and it's hard to gain unless you eat a lot and I can't eat a lot without being in pain
  • Posted

Poor you. I can understand why you've given the Quacks a headache. Stools and pee sound Ok. (You are not drinking too much water are you ?).

I mean - strangely - you've got all the symptoms of h. pylori. You were given the all clear after therapy - wonder if its worth testing again ? A particular therapy doesn't always work. Do you mind saying what particular therapy you were given ?

On the basis that it can only do more good than harm and whatever the problem why not turn to more natural help for the Gastric system. That is probiotics and natural Yoghurt every morning together with Turmeric (10000mgms - Natures Best from Amazon) and AllicinMax - also from Amazon. One a day Vit D - Amazon again.

Let me know what therapy you received.

• Posted

Just an afterthought. How many weeks after treatment were you given the test and the all clear from h.p. And when you were tested at this time - was it the breath test ?
    • Posted

I believe I had 14 days of lanzprazole calithromicin and amoxicillin I think was the therapy took stool sample 4 weeks and 6 weeks both negative for h pylori
  • Posted

Blimey. You're a hell of a puzzle. That's an excellent therapy. And it obviously worked.
  • Posted

Although you've got rid of the H pylori, I wonder if you are still suffering from the damage it caused ie inflammation or ulceration Do you smoke 'cos that's a killer from a healing point of view.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.