Stopped Prednisone Cold Turkey after taking for a year and seem ok

Posted , 1 user is following.

I stopped taking 10 mg of prednisone for asthma cold turkey after being on it a year. Its been 10 days since my last dose. I have a slight rash on my arms when my cat sleeps in my arms at night. No asthma or other major side effects. I'm not very hungry and not very motivated, but otherwise fine. I read about everyone freaking out about quitting cold turkey but if I've made it 10 days not much of a problem. I would imagine the worst will be over in about 2 more weeks. Does anyone know if I'm home free or when does it start to get bad?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.