stopping Champix after 12 weeks.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am just about there, 12 weeks on champix and not smoking for 10 weeks....I hope I can make it without the champix everything crossed LOL...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well done Ian - I am sure you will be fine - I finished my course 21/2 weeks ago and go some very odd side affects coming off of them albeit I only had one a day after week 4 till the end of the course.  The neurotransmitters in the brain keep working for a while and wean off and it is down to your own self control.  I just never want a cigarette again and cannot believe I smoked 20 plus for 37 years and I no longer smoke nor have the desire for one ever -  Keep trucking and stay positive smile

• Posted

Brilliant Radley ..reading posts like yours give me strength ,I'm not there yet . Good on you you must be feeling amazing with yourself biggrin 
  • Posted

You are 99% there. A little willpower and a whole lot of relief that you dont ever have to fight that battle again will keep you strong. Congratulations!
  • Posted

WOW well done Ian thats brilliant and YES ofcourse you can continue without champix..its you that is saying no to Nico . I'm envious I can tell you ..stay strong you are doing this biggrin
  • Posted

To be absolutely honest Ian - I am absolutely elated and could jump for joy.

It has changed my life, infact I can hardly remember being a smoker, so the Champix did it's job and brain washed me!!  Stay strong and feel the freedom - So chuffed for you too smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.