Strabismus, lazy eye? And what to do

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 23 years old, with 3.0 and 0.75 degrees of myopia in my left eye and right eyes respectively. I almost never wear contacts or glasses because I basically don't even notice my myopia, it doesn't affect me negatively in any part of my life, but obviously my brain is mostly using my right eye. Thus, , my left eye points towards the inside, until when I cover my right eye, and then it will point at the object I'm looking at. My myopia hasn't worsened over the past few years, and in the occasion I do wear contacts, I have perfect vision with my left eye, but my brain still favors the right eye, and the left eye will still deviate towards the inside. Also, if I wear a contact just in my left eye, my vision is unaffected, because I'm still seeing the slightly blurrier image from my right eye, instead of the clearer one from the left eye with the contact lens on. Again, only if I close my right eye, I will see the clear, perfect vision image from my left one. I have no vision problems normally, I do sports without any problems, no double vision, no noted problems with depth perception. I've had surgery around 8 years back, but the problem appeared again, perhaps because my myopia worsened slightly. Is there anything I can do so my brain can start using both eyes together properly again, and thus realign my eyes? I basically only care about the aesthetic part, as I am otherwise completely satisfied with my vision.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.