Strange dizziness secondary to ptsd?

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone experienced vestibular issues as a result of their ptsd? Daily dizziness, a rocking, bobbing or swaying sensation when not moving? I have been diagnosed with a condition called PPPD secondary to my ptsd.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Elisha, pppd? what on earth is that? poor you this condition doesn't sound like much fun. why don't you try your chemist to see if they know what this is and what you can do with it/about it. i have lots of health conditions in addition to PTSD but they are not caused by them. you need to speak to an expert about this i'd say because it's something they will know more about it. i hope you find out what this is. good luck.x

• Posted

LOL sorry your 'what on earth is that' tickled me. Its never ending isnt it! before my PTSD i was fine and now I am dizzy, body aches, severe fatigue and no energy. I cant stand to leave my house, the only thing that hasnt been affected is my bloody appetite unfortunately lol I have to laugh because the alternative is not an option anymore xx

• Posted

hi Elisha, how do we stop this being so bad? you're right PTSD doesn't stop, it finds a way of running you down to nothing. i certainly have PTSD! i have never heard of the additional condition you have. eat what you like, nobody is looking and if it makes you feel good then why not? i have days when my appetite dies completely, food makes me feel so bad. i am having to learn to be kind to myself. that's the best i can do.

• Posted

To be honest Sam i dont know if it will ever go away or stop I just hope over time we can at least learn coping strategies to get us through the bad days. somedays i wake up and feel like i can take on the world but then some days i cant face my own thoughts and life and just want to take meds and sleep all day because i am safe when i am asleep 😦

• Posted

oh no that sounds pants! poor you! i sort of in how you feel sometimes because i have problems with my sinuses more often than i can remember. if i am not suffering from painful sinuses, i have labyrinthitis and can get vertigo or ear, nose and throat infections often too. horrible just horrible. i try old fashioned eucalyptus/olbas oil and a daily nasal spray. can you work with your condition? i don't at the moment but hope to get back. good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.