Strange feeling if I don't every three hours help

Posted , 7 users are following.

I hope someone can help me, for the last 6 months I have this strange feeling come over me. I feel dizzy almost like I'm floating and when I stand it takes a lot of effort. I have a strange tingling feeling in my mouth and I get really hot the only thing that stops me feeling like this is to eat something when it starts. I went to the DR and they tested me for diabetes and thyroid but the results came back normal.

It happens every three hours after eating. I'm following slimming world so I eat three times a day and now I feel I'm constantly eating. I've been on the combined pill for two months and mirtazapine for anxiety and depression for three months so I know it's not my medication.

Please help me I don't know what's wrong with me and it's making me feel incapable of going anywhere.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Hollie, I'm sorry you are feeling like this.  When I read the first bit of your post, the bit that comes with an email notification,  I immediately thought, 'panic attacks'.  And as I read what you have said, I still think it might be panic attacks.  Can you go back to your GP or Practice Nurse & ask about panic attacks?  

They can make you feel 'spaced out' & as though you are looking at everyone through glass.  I had them after my husband died some years ago now.  My GP told me that some people think they are having heart attacks, I didn't.

Once you understand what is happening & why, then you can get on top of them.

When you feel like this, try holding your breath for a few seconds [it's like breathing into a paper bag, which is what they used to say]  & see if that helps you feel as though you are back on this planet again!

I hope this helps you & if you want to pm me, please do.  Good luck Hollie & don't worry.

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying, that had crossed my mind im going through a bit of a rought patch at the moment facing homelessness, so it could be that. i will most defiinitely get an appointment at the DRs i start councelling in a week so ill mention it then as well. Thanks 
    • Posted

Good luck Hollie, I hope it all goes well for you, do let me know how you get on.
  • Posted

The symptoms you have written sounds like what my daughter suffers from when she was diagnosed with vertigo.
    • Posted

Quite feasible but what about the timing. I usually get vertigo after I've been laid down for a while and that's to do with low blood pressure.

Sorry don't have any more information.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, i hadnt even thought of that i find it weird how if i eat the strange feeling goes quite quickly thats why they tested me for diabetes, i will look into this a bit more though and book an appointment at my doctors 
    • Posted

I have the exact same things...for years but docs said it wasn't diabetes. I'm now diabetic and still get this. I've researched and the symptoms I get, which are random and can happen even after I've had food so I need to eat more which hurts my stomach....if you look up addisons it shows the symptoms...sweaty clammy fast heart beat dizzy etc... I'm going to take the print out to my doctors to ask her about it next time I go. It might not be this but it's worth offering possibilities to the doc so they can at least rule it out. Take care
    • Posted

I went to the dr yesterday and he mentioned to me it could be adrenaline resistance which by googling it it's sounds like it's the same thing so well worth u mentioning it to your doc, I've got blood tests on Monday to check for chemical / hormone imbalance and diabetes and thyroid. I hate this feeling it seems to be getting worse have u tried not eating when it happens? I've been doing it for a week and the symptoms get worse but after 45 minutes start to ease then go but I drink something when it happens . Please keep me updated. I get how your feeling and thought I was alone sad
  • Posted

Do you have any history of migraine? It could be due to one of those reasons. Have a check up done for the inner ear, where the balance is regulated. Dizziness could be due to vertigo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.