strange light spot in left eye

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im seeing in my left eye kinda to the left of my center vision and dim type of crecent moon light with a halo around it . Its not noticeable all the time, but i can tell esp when i read etc. This exact problem happened months ago but went away, so i dont suspect a tear or retina. I do suffer from headaches. I know i should see a eye doctor but just wondering what it could be. Its not floaters. Its as if one looked at a bright light and then in one eye about 30 seconds or so the light can still be seen dimly. But i didnt look into a light and it stays . my blood pressure was high but i got it back down on meds

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Btw i looked at a amsler grid closing my right eye and positioning my center vision of my left eye on the middle dot. Just to the left and center of the grid in my peripheral vistion is the spot , it looks like a fish shaped darkish web but it doesnt distort the lines on the grid. It just lays over it . It moves when i move my eye.

• Posted

Well it could be a floater causing a shadow on the retina but there are other reasons this could be happening and yes, you should see an eye doctor or optician so that a professional can look into the back of your eyes and hopefully give you some idea of whats going on, and the remedy.

Your eyes are very precious, dont put your sight at risk by not seeking proper help..

• Posted

yes i was just curious because this happened before and it went away , it lasted for a while and then went away then came back. i read somewhere someone posted basically the same thing and responses were vitrous traction. but if that was so how did it go away. ok thank you . i will do that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.