Strange symptoms for years. Parasites?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had strange pulmonary and digestive symptoms for several years. Around 2015 I was diagnosed with COPD (even though I was only 36 yrs old) and in 2019 I was diagnosed with IBS. Neither of those diagnosis seemed "right" to me.

In 2019, I had vague digestive symptoms that lasted most of the year. I had several tests, but nothing showed up. I was diagnosed with IBS. My symptoms went away by January 2020.

In March of 2020, I developed a chronic, dry cough. By August or September, it became productive. I noticed "black hairs" occasionally in my sputum. In November, I coughed so hard it almost felt like vomiting. I brought up several golf ball size balls of disgusting black nastiness. I was told my COPD was progressing and the balls of nastiness were likely mucus balls.

By 2021, I started having delusions, confusion, and behavioral changes. Sometimes they could get rather severe.

Last year, I started coughing up blood occasionally. Sometimes when coughing it felt like a bubble popping, and caused significantly more sputum. I also began having neurological symptoms. Twice, I had symptoms of a stroke, but didn't actually have a stroke. Only similar symptoms.

This year, the "black hairs" became significantly larger and sometimes resembled shredded paper. Breathing became almost impossible. I felt like I was underwear, or drowning. That lasted for a while, then became severe for about 3 weeks, then stopped completely. I had no coughing or sputum for several weeks, and was able to breathe great.

Then I started having cardiac symptoms. I developed an arrhythmia and palpitations. The muscles in my GI tract wouldn't let me "press down" anymore, so my bowels stopped moving. I became too weak to do normal daily activities. I also had no appetite whatsoever.

That eventually started to fade, and my respiratory symptoms came back. I noticed strings of fiber on my clothes, bedding, and in my carpet. They varied in color. Stones of various colors began showing up in the same places. I began finding the fibers on my skin, like pieces of lint.

I began passing large amounts of mucus and mucus-like stools. Strange "seeds" and "worms" were in my stool, along with something encapsulated. My stools were bright green for several weeks. I started noticing white, flat "paper" segments on my furniture and carpet where I spent the most time.

During a recent coughing fit, I brought up something that looked like a clump of maggots, except they weren't moving. I called 911, hysterical. Without any questions about my other symptoms, or any of my medical history, they decided that I was hallucinating, because it "didn't happen in their presence." I was injected with Haldol and admitted to a behavioral unit. No tests were ever ran to diagnose my complaint.

Doctors have never taken me seriously. I'm used to be treated like a "joke," "drug addict," and "crazy person." However, I'm NOT used to being accused of hallucinating, injected with antipsychotics, and put in a psych unit. That was the most horrifying experience of my life.

All of my routine tests have been normal for years. Neither my stool (since 2019) or my sputum (ever) has been tested. After EMS having me admitted me to a behavioral unit, I'm TERRIFIED of medical professionals. (I am seeing a GI doctor who is thinking of doing an endoscopy, but no one else. She doesn't know I suspect a parasitic infection.)

I've been trying to figure this out myself for at least 3 years. Strongyloidiasis seems like a possibility, as does a tapeworm infection, or possibly both. I'm almost positive it's something parasitic. I think I have a parasite as well as a larval cyst infection. There are entirely too many options for me to diagnose this myself, but I can't find any doctors who will take me seriously.

A few weeks ago, one of the "lint fibers" that I picked off of my skin was still MOVING. "Moving" means alive, and "alive" means parasite, as far as I know. Unfortunately, since I'm not a doctor, I have no access to testing or medication for whatever has taken over my body.

Has anyone had similar symptoms and actually received a diagnosis? Or any advice on where to go, or what to say? I can't end up in another mental hospital. That was beyond traumatizing. Please help!!!

in sputum

in toilet

black mass under skin

larval cysts?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.