strange things are happening.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I expect this has been covered already but I am anxious to hear from people in the know rather than scroll through to see. Apparently I could have gallstones and strange things are happening. The most recent last evening when sitting quiet my mouth started fizzing and ulcers popped up everywhere, my face went numb around my mouth, it lasted ten minutes and a foul slimey substance coated my mouth. Today my tongue feels like i have been eating fermented fruit. My side feels like there is a huge lump inside it, I feel sick and the only food that doesn't have a reaction is apples and water. Sometime ago I was told I had fatty liver disease. I am 60 and four stone overweight, always have been. When I bent a bump pops out like a hernia sternum area. I am very worried that while drs take their time testing the and that and scan next week my body is dying. I have felt unwell with flu like symptoms for months. Can you help?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy 

you need to get a scan to verify gallstones .....

fatty liver disease does give you nausea etc might be worth looking up symptoms , the best thing you can't do in the meantime is cut fat totally out of your diet . 

Dont suffer nag your gp to sort you out , hernia thing as well...

hope you get some positive help from your gp 

sally

• Posted

Thank you Sally. I was just reading that hiatus hernia can cause acid reflux so maybe this is causing the burning mouth? I will tell Dr later. I do feel that things inside are developing fast while outside drs are on go slow.
    • Posted

My tip 

don't lead your gp

i always give my symptoms then say well my family all get this or that's probably that ... last appointed I just wrote my symptoms down and read them out and didn't add anything ... so much better gp went ok let's try this come back in two weeks and let's see what symptoms are left ... I was misdiagnosed for 15 years with ulcers/ gastritis when I actually had gallstones but I used to lead my gp saying ulcers run in my family I think it's gastritis etc ... hope that helps Wendy 👍

• Posted

Hi Not sure if it helps but I have gallstones and hiatus hernia disgnosed and have been waiting (long story) for surgery on the gallbladder. My symptoms have been many and include feeling like have flu all the while and nausea, lack of appetite, terrible bloating and pain all over upper abdo. I can eat very little and feel dizzy at times and have the driest mouth when at worst. My gums started to bleed and I had mouth ulcers. I'm over 60 and still a bit overweight despite not eating much now. I've felt so ill since last year but things are more manageable at the moment than they were. I am supposed to be having surgery, probably in the next couple of months now as previous ones were cancelled by the hospital. I have found out what I can eat and drink and what supplements help me by trial and error - it seems we are all different in what triggers symptoms.

?As others have said, continue to push for your tests and scans, easier said than done I know, but you cannot really move forward otherwise. It took me a while to be taken seriously as digestive complaints are so common it seems drs do not always take them seriously or see how much they affect or lives. Good luck, hope things progress soon.

• Posted

Hi Cynthia it was interesting to read your post as i also had a mouthful of ulcers. Must be something to do with the gallstones. Had a bad attack last week. My own fault (eating chocolate). I find that eating boiled sweets don't do any harm if you crave anything sweet. Lost 3lbs in a week so can't all be bad. Still waiting so with the things are at the moment i think you have to look after yourself. At least doctors have called off the strike. Have you had the pre op yet? Take care. Let us know when you get a date. Jill x

• Posted

You're right we need to be able to look after ourselves. Glad the strike has been called off as I thought that would totally cause problems for so many as well as myself.

?No date or anything yet. I did ask them not to give me a date mid October though as we have made paid for plans for then and I've waited so long with my life on hold already, not making any plans to go anywhere. I have heard if you do this, they might use it as a reason to reset the clock on the 18 week pledge - I hope not but too late now. The first hospital did not bother with the 18 weeks thing anyway. I always carry mints due to the ultra dry mouth and nausea. Hope things pick up for us all soon xx

• Posted

Hi, this is the first time I've been on this board and I came across your post immediately. Basically for months now I've been feeling rubbish. It started with sore mouth/throat, hoarse voice on and off so the doctor prescribed PPI medication for acid reflux. I had a camera through my nose and into my upper throat which saw a sore looking larynx but nothing sinister. I've generally been feeling tired and slightly flu like but it never comes to anything. Complete blood tests as well as liver and kidney function tests done and all normal. Over the last couple of years I've had periods where it feels almost like a lump under my right ribs, really uncomfortable and a bit like stitch. It'll go away after bothering me for a while then come back months later. When it gets particularly bad it feels like a tight pain also goes round my side and into my right shoulder blade. Sometimes also a kind of pain in the middle of my cbest. I also have ulcers in my mouth on and off all the time. When I looked up the pain under my right rib and shoulder blade it came up about gallstones which is why I came here. My discomfort is there for long periods of time (on and off all day for days) then I might have a few days where it eases before coming back again then i'll have a few months off before it returns but i cant see a pattern yet. I'm due to go back to the ENT in November because the tablets they've given me haven't done much but I think next time I see the GP I might mention this to incase it needs looking at separately. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.