Stress Incontinence

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there

i am looking for advice/experience/results re stress incontinence solutions. At the minute i have to use large pads and can easily fill them with just a cough or a sneeze. i have had to stop my exercise class due to filling a large tena lady so much it leaked. i have tried plugs & nerve stimulators to help.

I have been offered a choice of three procedures:

1. bulking injections (local anesthetic)
  2. a procedure where they add a few stitches to the uretha under general anesthetic but with a chance of a prolapse (1 in 10)
  3. a sling which is made using my own flesh (general anesthetic) 1 in 10 chance of a hernia

the second two have a hospital stay & recovery similar to a ceasarian.

i would be really grateful to hear experiences good or bad to help me decide my next course of action.

thank you in advance xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I had a sling and never looked back.No more leaking due to stress incontinence. It takes a couple of months for a complete recovery and you need to give yourself plenty of rest and "me" time . if you are overweight try to lose some. Get yourself acquainted with pelvic floor exercises while you try to decide what to do and keep doing them the rest of your life. Its worth the effort.A urogynaecologist is the best consultant for this procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.