Strong pain medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all!

so i've been on my fentanyl patches for over a week now they are going well minus the sickness! however i am also on gabapentin. is anyone else taking the same and making them sleepy and feel generally unwell all the time near enough!

be interested to hear anyone elses experience

thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've been on the fentanyl patch for quite a few years now. When I first started using it, it would bring on a little nausea within the first hours of it being on but it quickly went away. Now, I have not issues with it. I was on 50mg every 72 hours when I first took it. Then about 18 months ago we went down to 25mg but every 48 hours. I have found that 48 hrs works best for me as I do not have a down day. This medication takes about 12 hours before I really feel I'm getting benefit. That's why I change it in the evening so I have benefit the next day. And on 72 hours, I would find the last day I could feel it diminishing. So the 48 hours has been best for me. This is the only pain medication I am taking. I hope this information might help you in some way. Wishing you the best!

• Posted

I have been on Fentanyl for 9+ years now. I had bad reactions to Gabapentin and Lyrica. Fentanyl has given me the freedom to not take opiates in pill form, and I like not having to take pills anymore. 1- 75mcg patch every 72 hours and I am pretty much pain free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.