Struggling to swallow anything

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I have had acid reflux for a number of years and taken Lansoprazole which in the main has kept symptoms at bay. However, for the last 2-3 months it has started to become unbearable to the point where now I can hardly swallow tablets and food

I have had endoscopies approx 1 year ago and they found H Pylori and a small ulcer which they gave me antibiotics for and a subsequent endoscopy showed had cleared up. I have refrained from all alcohol for months, I don't drink fizzy drinks/soda or tea and coffee. I drink plenty of water every day but it is really starting to get me down. I had bone cancer 8 years ago and have been clear ever since but now I am staring to worry there is something more to my symptoms than just acid reflux

Has anyone else had it so bad that you can hardly eat and generally feel miserable?

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.