Struggling with my health...

Posted , 3 users are following.

what a year for me and my health...

hello all,

my name is Stef and I'm 22 years old. when I was a little girl I had a few issues with my health which recovered very well. when I was 20 years old I was prescribed antidepressant Mirtazapine as I had experienced severe mental health issues which now im at the point of starting to wean myself off them which I am excited for. anyway I work in a Pharmacy and slightly above my BMI for my height and weight. I am on my feet all day I also travel by bus about 30 minutes to and from work so I get pretty exhausted. however I started getting more exhausted than what I am used to. my doctors order was a blood test which detected I was low on B12 and D3 so I was told to start taking D3 supplement this was March 2021 which I started doing I was then told to rebook another blood test after a couple of months. that blood test then indicated I had sufficient D3 and that they should concentrate on B12 which they gave me 6 lots in 2 weeks this was September 2021. I was also told to redo a blood test to see if I have the factor thing well turns out they never did it properly and I started taking B12 supplement which I still don't know if I should be taking them in addition to the injections. this time in September they say my throyid level was just above average they aren't going to start treatment for that and that I should do another blood test...yes in the space of a year ive had 4 (trying to book for the 5th one is impossible in December months even though they wanted to review after I've done one). I was also prescribed Folic acid for 4 months treatment in September 2021 which i was told it is linked. now I dont know whats happening with the folic acid after the 4 months treatment. the reason I came on here is though I had my first B12 injection on 16th December after the 3 months wait I expected it to work after a couple of days...yet I'm writing this on 21st December and im absolutely knackered I can't stop yawning I feel dead after a few hours at work I had 2 days after the injection where I had numbness in my right foot. I honestly don't know what to do...I dont think my doctors will wanna give me the injection every month or something... I have a feeling that if they don't treat my throyid soon thats going to cause me issues as well. I've tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING to have a routine with bed and waking up but even when I'm waking up in the mornings for work im that exhausted im yawning away it takes me quite a while to get the energy to consider even getting myself ready before leaving for work. I hate that I feel so unwell whilst I'm still young. I do eat a varied diet which isn't either too healthy or unhealthy... I was taking a multivitamin until about Nov 2021 as I found it not helping me out even though I was taking them every day from mar 2021 but I think I'm going to keep going with them in Jan 2022. I don't know what else to say just hope my symptoms improve over time...should I make the doctor aware that I havent had any sort of boost it feels like im back to square one when I started displaying the symptoms even though like I said I've recently had my first B12 injection after 3 months...if anyone has any advice I will be very grateful. I will reply as soon as I can whenever I am not feeling exhausted.

many thanks,

Stef x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hiya

Although I do not have the same medical issues as you I can totally relate to how tiredness is affecting your life and how it will make you feel totally debilitated. WELL DONE for starting to wean yourself off the antidepressants, just take it nice and slow (speaking from experience here) and you will get there. In the meantime, I do think you need to go back to your GP and get an appointment to discuss all of this stuff. With covid, appointments are all over the place, I have had to miss out on health checks and all sorts of stuff as the surgery has been beset with jabbings and rejabbings all of which I understand. However, there is a point where you have to prioritise your own health and I think you should either book a phone call with your gp and have a handy list at the side of you to ask all those questions you have and see if you can get a result. In the meantime, I have found that a combo of vitamin B complex and also Iron tablets have helped me a little. Hope you get an apt and feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.