struggling with my illness :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've suffered for 8 years now as well as a ED nobody understands what it's like feel like I'm going through it on my own, not an illness I choose to have unfortunatley I have and can't do anything about it.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

sorry. What's ED?

• Posted

Aw ok. I'm sorry you feel so alone . Do you have a nurse from the mental health team for support or any family members or friends you can talk to?

• Posted

hi, I am getting referred again, as my meds don't seem to be working anymore my husband says he understands but he doesn't, he tends to shout and if I am flat  and quite he says I'm in a mood, although I'm just sitting quiet, I have only told 3 of my friends that I trust.

• Posted

Lithium has been a life saver for me. Don't get me wrong I have my moment where I still get episodes but nothing compared to the ones I used to have where I was hospitalised etc.

• Posted

I am on lamatrogine, I collected another med the dr,. prescribed for 2 weeks only, when I collected the medication the pharmasist asked to speak to me as my update on my meds was over due and she asked why as mine meds are used for epilepsy as well, she asked if I had seen anyone from mental health I said not for 5/6 years my meds haven't been reassed.  The pharmasist did mention lithium and said they are very good  

• Posted

The only side effect I really dislike with lithium is weight gain. You said you had an eating disorder so it's something to think about other than that it's worked wonders . Hope you get sorted soon x

• Posted

I read lithium gives you weight gain,they'll reacess and they'll decide what's best for me., Are you allowed to mention medication to the mental health team or basically what your given my ED is part of the illness not everyone has both.  Thanks for your replies appreciate it smile X

• Posted

Yes I was allowed to decide some of my medication . They choose lithium for me but then when I became well and then mood started to slip they asked was it ok to increase dose etc . I would mention medication your already diagnosed so your not telling them their job it should be fine . And anytime happy to help smile x

• Posted

oh right I'll mention that smile when I first went their was a student in the room, I went through everything and I recieved a copy of my consultation, I was mortified when I read it, she described from everything I wore to my posture, tone of voice, if I had make up on, etc, neutral X

• Posted

Kerri

What sort of treatments are you recieving from your Doctor for BI-POLAR ?? Or do you feel you are suffering a Depression.

What is your GP doing for your Eating Disorder, what does that problem entail and is that part of your Mental Health problem.

How can I help ?

BOB

• Posted

hi,

When I was first referred 8 years ago I went to psychotherapy, I introduced myself giving background etc and the lady said yes, I nearly fell off the chair she said you either talk or don't bother,. I went twice and that was all I was given,. The pharmasist yesterday did say I could have both, I was prescribed from my gp around 5 years ago, antipressant and they counteracted my meds so I was told to stop taking them.  I did go to councelling for my ED your only given a certain amount of sessions and unfortunately your discharged possibly due to cost.,, yes ED is part of my illness can trigger from childhood mine was later on though I've had that for 20years, sad 

• Posted

Kerri

Sorry I did not read fully your posts below.

With Lithium is that basically the problem you are having with your eating disorder 

• Posted

Hi

No, no I'm not on lithium I'm on lamotrogine, I was only diagnosed 8 years ago, but tbh I've had it alot longer it's just gone undiagnossed and was put down to depression, until I was fully assessed then eventually it was picked up. It started with a family death then critism from people sad

• Posted

Hi,  I am so struggling with my illness as well.   I understand what your going through.   Everyday my mind struggles with,  "I'm going to break down and start crying" or "I want to be mean and nasty".  Thats what my thoughts are and I'm staying composed like a normal person.   It's exhausting, isn't it.  Have you tried thearpy?  I have a great thearpist but I can't make my appointments because I can't leave the house.   My BF puts up with me I'm very grateful for that.  We get 3-7 days of me being nice then something sets me off.   What do you think

• Posted

Hi

I sorry to hear you can't leave the house has your therapist suggested how they can help you over come that.? that must be very difficult. I am the same as you, apart from I can leave the house it's flimming hard. I have a appointment to see a cpn for a few weeks time to see if they can help, in my above posts I have been to therapy only 2 sessions then your discharged.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.