Struggling with weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy in july

(Womb and cervix)

I weighed 10st 2 and prior to the op. i have since upt my exercise and dont really eat fatty foods

Im 5ft 6 so i was bang on where i needed to be

And i am now 11st 9 😐😐😐😐😐😐

And feel like a blob and bang on overweight and no matter what i seem to do i can not get rid of it

I cant do things like caveman training (although i really want to ) because of my back (degenerative disc disorder)

HELP .

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have had a really good look at our sugar uptake, read labels you will be shocked, and have since changed alot of items we eat.

Husband has heart failure so really important we keep control of his weight.

I have systemic arthritis and also ruputered disc in back, ouchhh, and I have found that treading water in the local heated pool has helped no end, with a noodle or water log tucked under my arms to help stretch me out.

Have also had a physio check me out, and she approved of my treading water, said I was very strong in and around my back, and all the exercise I am doing is helping with less pain, and being fitter generally.

• Posted

Hi sarah,

Its an issue i worry about.

I had a tah end of aug with ovary removal also.. I have have had a lot of nausea so not felt hungry and have had loss of appetite for 6 weeks, but im beginning to eat again now and dont want to put extra weight on, so I would interested in what ladies further on have experienced.

Do you still have your ovaries?

Are you on any medication that could cause this?

Its so frustrating when you have been watching your diet and excercising! 😔

I hope someone on here can offer some advice

Zoe

• Posted

Hi Sarah just give your body time to heal first x If you still have ovaries you should still have hormones? Your probably still bloated too x Gentle walking, I cut out carbs completely and treat my self once in awhile , I lost 2 stone , I had a full hysterectomy , ovaries tubes cervix womb , and I can't take HRT so don't be too hard on yourself x Your happy place will come x keep amiling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.