Study finds giving of levothyroxine to pensioners a waste if time and money, euthanasia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Published in 2017 by national newspaper entitled, Levothyroxine, Drug used in thyroid treatment is a waste of time and money.

Oh, I really thought I needed this drug to keep me alive..silly me, ...why did I think i might have a long retirement..

The study was done by a British rheumatologist so not even an endocronologist. Definately something to keep an eye on.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Sky, thanjs fir posting, I’ll check it out. 

I can see why a rheumatologist would do a study like this. The devestation on bones, arthritis and generally messed up calcium metabolism caused by these meds are far more detrimental than the actual thyroid disease. 

So basically what you've got here is a whistleblower who’s on the ball enough to recognize the accelleration of aging caused by levothyroxin. 

I’ll see if I can find the newspaper article and the study. Thanks so much!

You might also want to check out major newspaper here in the US about synthroid drug approval which only happened in 2002.  The article written in New York gives an excellent history of Synthroid’s drug approval process. The articles were written quite a few years ago. They give a pretty good surface story. The reading between the lines is knowing hiw the drug aporoval process works. If you understand the drug aoorival process, its onvioys that a yearti appky fir drug aporoval is nithing more than a rubber stamp and since generics are required to prove efficacy in comparison to brand name, it appears we have an entire class of drugs without proper efficacy testing.

So really, who wants to bother with a drug that's never been tested? Its ALL marketing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.