Subarachnoid-dealing with iritability

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello you SAH people out there-

I would welcome having a discussion with anyone who has had to deal with iritability issues post Subarachnoid.

I am the partner of a SAH survivor-

Thanks

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I talk a lot and am glad to be alive, your partner has been through a lot so just

thinks about how they feel.

My husband says things that normally I would have pooed pooed him but I notice

I cannot take jokes aimed at my expense.

Have you changed at all since partners SAH?

Good luck x

• Posted

Hello Winnie-thanks for your comment-My wife had many other health issues all hitting her at the same time-she has made a remarkable recovery given the lows of three and a half years ago. The SAH recovery has really not been discussed by the medical staff since she was discharged from hospital and I am surprised that no follow-up checks have been made-also I have been given no advice on what to expect following the SAH. I have done much reading on her different illnesses and found the Brain and Spine Foundation`s Leaflet on SAH was very informative-I wish I had been given something like this earlier. How are you keeping and how is your husband coping?- I am sure it will be interesting and helpfull for me to learn more from your experiences.What do you mean when you ask-have I changed? Thanks again for your time-
  • Posted

Hi Sub,

Well it tells on all of the family when one person has an SAH.

My family went through hell waiting for me to get better as I was out/cuckoo

land for a year then I had a shunt fitted and it was like someone turning a light on.

You will both get there but it is a long haul.

How long has it been for wife?

Good Luck and keep the faith xxx I am touchy nowdays xx be well.

• Posted

Sub you said it was 3.5 years and I ask you how long its been.!!  duh

Both go out for a coffee,  I cannot walk very far and I know my Hubby doesn't like the chair (in case it scratches his pride an joy)

But the hospital said I'd never walk so up to 100 yards !! showed them ha !

Give her an aim to go for, I just wish you well Both of you learn to sing and smile again xxx any fave songs you both have?

Win xx Again  ha xx

• Posted

Hello Winnie-Thanks for your reply-

Interesting about the coffees-we have so many lattes you wouldn`t believe!

Interested in your comment about being `touchy`- I have had difficulty dealing with this as my wife often over-reacts to things I say and can be confrontational- It`s not so easy now to make off-the-cuff jokes as they can easily offend- and often she feels I am getting at her-and that she never does anything right- this obviously is not meant to happen when I comment- How does your husband deal with your touchy-ness? Are you aware of being like this and how do feel about it-does it frustrate you- and indeed does this frustrate your husband- Glad you have made progress-and putting up a fight to overcome it is certainly the right attitude-How have your close friends dealt with your changes in emotion? and personality changes due to the SAH?

• Posted

Hi Sub, Give her time hard I know but she is worth it xx

You need someone to talk to also as I know how your wife feels and can understand how you feel a little.   We feel like erm changed and need to be told we are loved.

You kow us women lol (Tell you what go on Behind the Gray a good bunch on there) I am biased so you should go on there,  I am also on there.

Be Well and ask around  xxGood luck

Win xx xx

• Posted

Thanks Winnie- you have been a great help- I will look at Behind the Gray-and try and get more helpful reading material- Have you read the books mentioned in Behind the Gray- same name and Rebooting Your Brain?

Just done the shopping and off to do the ironing-so the role change has certainly opened my eyes as to what we guys take for granted from you ladies!

• Posted

Glad you realise it Sub and do not worry things will pick up for you and Missus.

We do work hard xx lol  Love each other as you did in old days xx

Tell her she means a lot to you (soft soap her we luv it) xx

You must love her to try and find an answer to your problems xx

It will get easier xx

Love

miserable Win  ha xx  do you and missus have a fave song?  if so sing it to her

My hubby gave up drink for me !! Wow  lol thud !!

• Posted

Hi Winnie

Thanks-

Your `hubby` must be a special guy!  

So you are still `very much in love`- if that`s not too personal a question!?

I do wish we had been given a bit more guidance on what to expect after SAH- and I wish they had discussed it more-openly.

Sorry for using you to try and get to know what it feels like  from the `other side`!!!!

Thanks again

• Posted

Yes there is only 1 man for me the man I met in the swinging 60's.

We were both Mods !! lol

He is my best pal always has been and always will be.

Be happy you 2 and sing to each other xx

Be Well Win xx   old hag now lol

xx

• Posted

Hi Winnie-

Swinging sixties-eh! Great memories for you both-

Seventies for us-Mud Rock-Queen-David Cassidy-Showaddywaddywaddy-Status Quo-Elton John-even Bay City Rollers!!!!!-I suppose Cliffy covers all the decades-Genesis-The Wombles!!!!...................................

Anyway-both of you have a great Festive Season-

Great to benefit from your thoughts-

Oh-and T REX- Baccara!  and Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.....

• Posted

We liked Steve Harley also but my hubby likes Animals and Bob Dylan

I loved Simon and Garfunkel, did you know Bob Dylan wrote 1 of Adeles song?

My family all go in pubs and sing my Dad used to play banjo  we had some good Boxing Days ahh good Days x

• Posted

Good evening Winnie-

Can`t get away from my challenge---you were unaware of things for a considerable time-when you were `switched on` again -talking about your SAH issues was probably all you did talk about given what you`d just been through. My wife had other serious issues to concentrate on and she feels her recovery from the SAH is 100%- are you saying that deep down she really does know that this is not the case.-where I`m coming from is-am I supposed to try and tell her that she is not back to where she was-or do I go along saying nothing- Believe me-I find it hard to accept that I am not not dealing with this well-40 years together and I struggle over this!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

You are the only one who can answer that Sub, what will make her feel better?

The truth or a white lie?

Be gentle with your wife as she has been through the mill.

Things are not the same after a major illness.

But I'd like my husband to be kind to me instead of hurting me.

Good luck

Win

• Posted

Thanks Winnie

Enjoy your Christmas day with your family

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.