Success so far?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello, I'm just being nosey really and wanted to find out how everyone is getting on and their weight loss so far? Where did you get your band fitted?

I had my band on 14th April and I've lost about a stone and a half so far and thoroughly enjoying the whole process x x

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was banded end of Novermber last year by Mr Super through Healthier Weight.  Ive lost over 4 and a half stone now and am very happy with the way I am at moment.  I need probably to lose another half a stone to be honest but think its the best thing ive ever done. Fell great, loads of energy and have my life back on track!

• Posted

Wow that's fantastic! I can't wait to get to my weight goal! X
  • Posted

Hi All,

I was banded at end of May at Musgrove, Taunton under the research team. All good surgery wise and recovery, had monthly band fills with my last one on Mon (4th so far) had 8ml so far (4ml, 2ml, 1ml,1ml). My weight has stayed the same for the last 3months mainly because I have had virtually no feed back...but early days but since Mon definitely felt less like eating so much, really working on my 20-20-20 (food size 20p, chew 20x, eat no longer than 20mins). No regurgitaion, pain, wind, indegestion, nothing but just not seeking so much food. Hope this means I am nearing the green zone and real weight loss (22lb I lost pre-op and in first month seems a long time ago). Got Misfit this month and am feeling more mobile and increasing exercise with extra walking.

• Posted

22lbs is great! I can't wait for the green zone either smile x
  • Posted

Hi ladies

Wow your all doing so well, I start my pre op diet Monday ready for surgery 5th October to be honest I'm excited about getting my band but really dreading doing the pre op I'm also a smoker and have been told I have to stop this Monday, I know it will all be worth it but I have terrible will power.

• Posted

What pre op diet are you doing Anna? Liquids or solids? X
    • Posted

The doctor said I can do 1000 calories per day but I have chosen to do the exantidiet with the milkshakes as I know I'll stick to that better. X
    • Posted

Hi alicia how you getting on? I'm now on day 4 on my VLCD it's going ok but feeling very bloated and a dicky tummy today but not as hungry as I thought I would be x
    • Posted

Hi Anna

I have my op booked in for 9th Oct with THG. Im currently half way thro my liquid diet and have found it really hard! I also was a smoker of 20 a day and have given that up cold turkey too, been 9 days now smoke free :o)

• Posted

Hi Tara

Well done on your journey so far I feel your pain I'm on day 11 of my pre op and also no smoking it's been really tough but as it goes on its getting easier x

• Posted

remember its the start of the new you and worth it!  The pre diet is to shrink your liver so its not in the way when they do the surgery so well worth keeping to x if you get hungry have an actimel or fat free yoghurt to see you through x 

• Posted

Thanks hun to be honest iv gone past the hunger stage now I'm doing ok only three days to go x
    • Posted

Awsome - 11 days, well done hunnie!

The smoking doesnt seem to be bothering me much, its the no food hehe I know I have to keep the focus and it will be worth it. x

• Posted

Hi,

I was told its strictly 3 pints of milk and 2 activia yoghurts. Nothing else to pass my lips other then sugar free squash, water or diet coke... x

• Posted

It will soon be here x Remember to get windeze in or something you can take for wind.  and swing those arms.  the wind can be a pain the first week or two x I can remember being at home a few days after thinking what have I done! but it does get better and well worth it.   I look back now and cant remember how bad it was!  bit like childbirth!! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.