Sudden aphasia with head pain/migraine?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello Mates and Misses.

So I had a sharp jabbing pain above and around my temple (think ice pick jamming through your left eye and sinking back to just above that sides temple repeatedly.) My speech gradually got slurred, my tongue felt numb and heavy, and I started grasping for words mid sentences as well as stuttering for every word unless I slowed down my normal talking speed and really focused on what i was saying. This started about ten to fifteen minutes after I started to feel the pain.

I have had the chiari decompression surgery and had to go through speech therapy to get my mild aphasia it left me with better under control. It's not usually that bad I have small bouts with it forgetting a word here or there or loosing focus and forgetting what I was talking about or where I was going on the topic sometimes typing even gets messed up. So I had this pain that gradually got worse until it eventually felt like my classic migraine pain and symptoms. It's been over a day now the pain is still there not as harsh but present, I'm still nauseas, but my speech is improving.

Have any of you had this problem? It's a new one for me. I've never had a migraine that's only in one specific area it's usually in my entire forehead and pulses to the back. Thanks in advance for any knowledge and wisdom you can throw my way.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.