sudden bilateral hearing loss

Posted , 1 user is following.

two weeks ago my right ear felt muffled, that night i got tinnitus for the first time, which has persisted until now, and my ears rapidly lost hearing ability. I was misdiagnosed in the ER with an ear infection, but 3 ENTs are perplexed. I was prescribed 60 mg prednisone, and have since been downgraded to mild hearing loss. pitches are all slightly distorted however, and my ears have this popping sensation / crack. MRI showed nothing other than inflammed sinuses / mucous blockage. this seems to make sense- a sinus infection affecting the eustachian tube- but my tympanograms are normal. I am a 18 year old healthy pianst who depends on my ears, so does anyone have ideas? could the sinus inflammation affect the eustachian tube but not alter the tympanogram

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.