Sudden change in vision

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just went through a very sudden change in vision. I've been diagnosed with a small astigmatism from a young age. I developed the need for computer and later reading glasses (bifocals).

Staring several months a go reading and computer glasses no longer needed and saw/read as good

as you.

Suddenly, the TV writing became blurred to point unreadable and most things beyond. I saw the picture fine, just the words. Distance was bad for reading then other. This took place over a couple days. That

night all lights became "starburst". Pretty but so sudden extremely concerned. No cloudiness to eyes but

diagnosed as cataracts. Never heard of cataracts associated with overnight changes.

Ophthalmologist indicated cataract surgery. What's up?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There are different types of cataracts. Some are very slow growing and cause problems very slowly over several years.

Then there are fast growing cataracts which produce problems within a short space of time... It sounds as though you have this type,and an ophthalmology consultant would usually recommend surgery fairly swiftly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.