Suffer cluster headaches anxiety and depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all first time on here. I have been diagnosed with cluster headaches for 20 years or so with other symptoms along with it. The reason I'm writing is because I need help I have just been sacked for having this condition and scared now how do I get work do I tell them about my condition as I'm scared if I do they won't give me the job I'm in a black hole at minute with money worries too everything seems to never end. Please someone help family don't understand my condition fully and don't expect them to know how much pain I go through I'm stuck between moving forward and fighting my thoughts it's hard. What does anyone recommend please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am so sorry you are struggling.  I have been off work for 5 months and have been diagnosed with chronic migraine.  I am fine when laid or sitting down but movement and noise makes headaches worse.

4 weeks post op hysterectomy and just seen neurologist who has prescribed naproxen for 4 weeks.  If this does not work Botox will be next.  GP has given me all sorts of mess which I think has made me worse.  Consultant said not to take any painkillers as they are not working.

what are you taking?

Re your work obviously without knowing any more details this is difficult to advise but are they within their rights to do this?  Take a look at the migraine trust site as there is advise there and you may qualify for help with benefits. Are you in the UK?

• Posted

Are you in the UK? If so, your company cannot simply dismiss you for illness--- they have to do other things first and there also has to a process they go through, informing you several times, inviting you to meetings etc... 

If you are in the UK contact your Union if you are in one. You can contact ACAS too. They will give you advice ( free) and also take action on your behalf.

i was an employer for many years and followed the law to the letter so I know the things that gave to be done.

it doesn't help your immediate money problems but ACAS will advise you on severance pay etc.. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks hollyberry I will look into Acas I've tried most other sites and people but seems no one cares so again thanks
  • Posted

Hi Mike, sorry you are suffering with cluster headaches, my mum has suffered for years and had a bout earlier this year which lasted for weeks. I looked up as much as I could to try to help and found out that drinking a LOT of water throughout the day really helps. My mum tried this and immediately they stopped (for that bout anyway). Hope this helps, good luck with the work issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.