Suffering Son

Posted , 2 users are following.

I would just like to know what is wrong with my Son. My son started having a breathing problem when he was fifteen. He would Hyperventilate from the time he would wake up until the time he would pass out around 2:00 every morning. He was in school doing great, Bowling, Art Awards and very happy. I started taking him to different Dr's and he was medicated over and over with Dopamine Blockers and Psychotrophic drugs. That he never needed. He became hospitalized three times due to the reactions. The Dr's were not listening to us. They wanted to medicate him more with higher does. He became wheelchair bound and bed ridden. He list fifty pounds in four months. Hid arms started to shake violently and he was vomiting. It has been four years now, I found a Dr. Who took him off the drugs and told u no more drugs. Now he started having awful Enrenaline surges. To where he would shake so bad and couldn't calm down. He would become soak and wet. New Dr. Did testing on Adrenaline Glands no tumors. He had gained his weight back over time, but nowhere lost it all again. He tries to blow his nose and his head shakes. He complains about hid Arms constantly. They want to tense. He now tries to swallow over and over hard with his head shaking. I don't know what is wrong with him. He was completely healthy. Very intelligent even ready to take pre- college classes at Fidteen. Now he does nothing but try to get through his days. Does anyone have a clue to what could be wrong with him. I am reaching out for help for my nice son. Thank you. 

Mom Needs Help,

kim

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear about your son kim are you in the uk, am not sure what bloods have been done, have they done cortisol, b12 vitd , glucose and copper, my son had similar symtoms his vid d b12 and cortisol were all low x
    • Posted

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I am going to ask his primary Dr. About the test you mentioned Saturday. I don't know if they tested for those or not. Seems to take for ever to get anywhere with this. One Dr. Mentioned stress. Which just doesn't seem applicable given he had not had any stressful situations, and this just came on and he lost twenty pounds. Did your son sweat to where his clothes were wet including his hair drenched?

Thank you,

Kim

• Posted

No he didnt sweat, did he get his glucose checked for diabetes, stress can cause low cortisol x
    • Posted

I will find out, I assumed with the Blood test these would be checked. He has an appointment tomorrow. Thank you for the input. I sill do not know why he sweated as bad as he did. It was like he was having a convulsion. He just had Brain MRI, and came back normal. I would just like some answers, so very frustrating. 
    • Posted

I know how you feel am still trying to get answers for my son too, let me know how it goes tomorrow x
    • Posted

What were your sons Adrenaline levels? Did they test him? Does he have any health issues? Thanks again for your input on those Cortisol test. I will ask about these as well. Maybe one of us can get some answers for the other. I will keep you informed about tomorrow's outcome.

Thank you, 

Kim

• Posted

I did a private cortisol test it was 299 in the morn, my sons just really not get up and go, tired alot and i feel muscle waste, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.