Suicidal thoughts

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been struggling badly with depression and health anxiety for several years but the last 18 months have been horrific. I've needed major surgery, my beloved Mother passed away and I was evicted from my home of 47 years due to under occupancy. The local council have moved me into a tiny flat in an area where I know no-one. The flat is damp, the block is unkempt and the communal areas are dirty and smell. I don't see anyone other than my daughter and she has her own life to lead. I'm so very unhappy, I hate my life and I want it to be over. I'm constantly worried about my health, I have no quality to my life at all. I can't do this anymore.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi lisa215,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments, then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help- contact your doctor or go to the emergency department at your local hospital to get some help.

The Samaritans also offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are https://www.samaritans.org/ or call them on 116 123.

You can also find contact details on our patient information leaflet here:  https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

If you don't want to talk - you can text "Shout" to 85258 - they will also be able to help you.

If you are based outside of the UK.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this pagehttps://www.befrienders.org/directory for worldwide numbers.

Your doctor or the emergency department in your country is also a safe space for you.

Kind regards,

Patient

• Posted

lots of love lisa. just wanted to say im thinking of you. is there any local group you could find out about to get you out of the flat?

• Posted

i dont have much advice.. but i didnt want to scroll on without saying you are strong and will come through this, all the best x

• Edited

i’m very sorry you are going through this. Life can definitely be unfair. you need someone to listen. Someone who cares and someone who wants to help you. We all care on this site and there’s all kinds of help. There are people who can provide you with resources and things that you need to help you.

Please don’t throw your life away because one day you will look back and be glad that you are here. I know it’s difficult right now but please try to take one day at a time. I am leaving you with a phone number that’s available 24 seven. They will talk with you. You may be able to fall so find some counseling in your area for free. very often local churches can provide that or they can refer you somewhere. you don’t have to be all alone going through this. Churches may also know of a support group. These things can really help!

Please. Use these numbers to call for some help and support. Sometimes other people have some great resources and ideas that we don’t even think about. You may not feel it now, but your life is precious. Never ever give up.! ❤ we are here for you.

1-800-273-8255 or 988

• Posted

Thank you all so very much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.