Sulphur burps

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, I have found with my gallstones problems one of the nastier effects although not painful is that I sporidically suffer with terrible sulphur burps, the smell they emit is vile and on days I am suffering ( today being one of those days ) I tend to hide away in my room away from the family so I don't have to subject them to the awful smell.

Does anybody else suffer with these and have you found any ways in which to combat them? We are supposed to be going away for the weekend but with two travel sick children I really can not subject them to a 2 hour car journey with the vile smells being omitted from my body x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ah bless you.  I am sure that they aren't as bad as you feel they are.  We can compound things in our heads I'm thinking.  I'm not aware of any smell from burps, but I do recall that I would burp and hiss involuntarily all the time and make little gasps that sounded liked something had shocked me!  I would try not to worry about it (I do appreciate that it's easier said that done) and try and play it down.  Sorry I can't offer any other much more practical help and advice.  Good luck.
  • Edited

hey there, I get these all the time! It honestly smells and tastes like something has crawled into my stomach and died.

I have noticed a different when  I  changed my diet so that I didn't have a lot of acidic foods. I also drink lots of peppermint tea whenever I feel something just isn't sitting right and that makes me burp everything out in 1 or 2 cups but It also makes them smell minty fresh which is a plus. 

Hope this is helpful.

• Posted

Thanks hexibob, im glad I'm not the only one, and yes agree with it smelling like something has died, it truly is vile! I will give the peppermint tea a go, not tried peppermint tea before so fingers crossed I like it x
  • Posted

Hi I don't know whether this will help but for all digestive problems caused by gallstones etc I take silicogel from boots or Holland and Barratt. Certainly helps me., taken before meals. May help you it certainly helps me. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi It sounds like it maybe be H Pylori.Ask your GP for this to be tested.

• Posted

Hi It is a bacterial stomach infection. Causes your symptoms and dual PPI and antibiotics should sort it out. Helicobactor Pylori.
  • Posted

I suffer from sulpher burps...as a matter of fact i'm dealing with them right now. I had an episode with the same 4 days ago that lasted from one evening until the next morning. I have to throw up it seems in order for them to go away... although i know that's probably not the best way... but for me its like i've eaten something that won't digest and after i throw it up the burps tend to hinder. I too lock myself away from people when it happens because the smell is horrendous. It's embarrassing and i feel so bad when an attack hits. This has been going on for me for years...... and i hate going to the Dr. but i believe it's about time i go.

• Posted

I'm dealing with the exact same thing... once I throw up its over but its such a hard throwing up I fight it... Have you found a way to stop this yet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.