Supraventricular Tachycardia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well that was difficult to spell. Reminded me of that Mary Poppins song..

Hello fellow tachy patients. I today have been told my tachycardia has sturned. I'm terrified of doctor's and hospitals and am awaiting a letter to see a cardiologist

I know this site isn't medical based as in its only about what other people have been through but is it possible to come back? I've got myself all worked up now and can't sleep worrying about it. Been told to rest but it's easier said than done.

I'm worried about what's going to happen to

Me next because when you research online about the condition some things sound scary.

Thanks x x x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Debra, that was me typing bog eyed at 4am with no sleep. It's actually meant to say returned but it must of been mis typed when I wrote the message x x
    • Posted

I have had svt's off and on for years. I do take medicine for it and have to lay off caffeine. It has gotten worse again so I have a stress test again Monday.

It can be scary for sure.

Just make sure you see your Dr. And get some tests. They will relieve your mind because it is usually treatable.

Hope you feel better soon.

Also look up breathing techniques. They help when I get nervous about it.

Good luck!

• Posted

Christina,

Like you stated before, I am no doctor. I just know what I have researched extensively. Anyways, your SVT can come back. Are you on mediation for it or did you have an ablation? It is less likely for SVT to come back after an ablation, but it can. If you are just taking medication for it or it "went away" on it's own, it is a much higher chance of causing problems or "coming back."

I would try not to overthink it. There are many treatments and people, a lot of us on here, live with heart conditions like this every day. It will all work out. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.