Surgery Finally!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Afternoon All! 

FINALLY I have my surgery date for the 4th March! its been a long time coming although I appreciate some of you folks on here have had to wait a lot longer than I have, albeit as we all know the wait always seems to be forever! 

I have many hospital appointments before the operation I feel like I spend my time there, due to me complaining about stomach issues which if you have followed my story you will know about the constant cramps and pain I have endured over the months. I have a ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis on Friday, I also have my pre assessment appointment on Thursday and have to take in my 24 urine sample and more blood tests

I also have a CT scan of the arteries on Sunday and a follow up appointment with my consultant on the 2nd March, with then surgery on the 4th which seems odd as its a Sunday! 

Im hoping all goes well and I start to become the person I used to be as I certainly aren't who I used to be now, the stretch marks are getting wider and more of them, hair loss in the shower is becoming more frequent, aches and pains and all the other common cushy symptoms! 

I shall keep you guys posted! 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That brillant news! U will soon be on the road to recovery. Good luck for ur surgery. When u have bad days/moments just keep telling urself it will get better. 
  • Posted

So glad that you have a surgery date at last.  There are a lot of tests before but you are no on the way.  Good Luck.  Keep in touch and let us know how you got on please.  Your experiences and thoughts will help others.  Take care!

• Posted

Hi Just to say I hope all went well and that you will soon be feeling better.  If you are the same as most of us your worst day will probably be tomorrow then after that your body can beginning to repair itself.  Let us know if you need anything question wise.  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.