Suspected Gallbladder issues

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. I'm 67 and have a range of annoying health issues - some have in the past been pretty bad so 'annoying' = quite content! And my digestive system has always been fine. Then some months back I started noticing that my poo had changed to the floaty, hard to flush variety. Didn't think much of it really until a few weeks ago when I started to feel decidedly unwell, sometimes to the extent of becoming unsteady on my feet, belly really bloated, pain mostly on right side and all of that worse after eating, especially in the evening, especially after eating oily foods. During a particularly bad day last week I phoned 111 (GP surgery virtually non-functional) and they made an appointment for me at the Urgent Treatment Centre at the local hospital. A very kindly and apparently thoughtful practioner said she suspected gallstones / some problem with my gallbladder. I'm due to have a QFIT test and an ultrasound of my stomach. In a way I would 'like' to have gallstones as a close relative has Pancreatic Cancer and supporting someone who is so very ill does perhaps make you a bit nervy about your own health. I'm here to learn as much as I can.

Does anyone else find that gallbladder problems make them feel generally 'blah', wobbly, below par almost 24/7?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.