Svt and contrast dye

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi was wondering if anyone else with svt has ever had to have a ct with the contrast dye I'm really scared it will affect my heart or set of an svt attack

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Crissy, I am due to have this procedure on 20 Jan and had a pre-assessment. on 12 Jan.   The nurses I saw were very reassuring and although I am nervous I don't really think it's anything to worry about.  They don't let you go home until you feel okay but again I don't think any ill effects are expected.  I contacted the British Heart Foundation (I don't know where you live) for information when I knew I was due to have this done and they also were very reassuring.  I will post again after Friday.  Try not to worry too much.  Best wishes Linda

• Posted

Hi crissy. I have svt and have recently had ct scan. I was so anxious before hand I postponed it. But it is super easy and fast. You feel a little warmness for a few seconds in your body and then they slide you forward hold your breath and let out. Then they Slide you out. It's not claustraphobic at all. For me they.looked at the lungs and chest. I made a huge mountain out of a molehill when it was super easy and was about 7 minutes. I hope this helps reassure you. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks so much Shelley I did the same thing I postponed it I was way to anxious but I'll rebook for next week mine iis on the kidneys I guess I was more worried about it setting of an svt attack thanks again

• Posted

I had my Cardiac CT Angiography with  contrast dye yesterday.  Easy Peasy no problems at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.