Svt and heart palpitations

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all was wondering if you get heart palpitations I've had svt for the past 20 years and the last 10 have had heart palps allot exspecially after excercise or if I'm busy does this happen to anyone else or is it anxiety thanks all for replys

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had palpitations when busy, bending down, tired, over eaten or stressed. Also sometimes after drinking esp white wine. I was diagnosed with SVT. My doctor has prescribed a beta blocker ( low dose at the moment ) and since I've take it for the last 2 months I've not had palpitatons. I did have the odd flutter over Christmas but that is a  particularly stressful time. So fingers crossed!! Some medication may help you. Hope you find a solution as it's a horrible sensation not to mention very worrying at the time!

• Posted

Thanks it is scarey I seem to be learning more about svt from this sight then the doctors were so uninformed thanks for your reply
  • Posted

Your palpitations are "normal", Crissy.  I and many other SVT people (and non SVT people) have them all the time.  Many people have them without knowing so.  The encouraging news is that with an otherwise healthy heart, they're insignificant, and ceratainly not dangerous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.