Swollen lymphs nodes in neck and collarbone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

I'm a 22 year old female and 2/3 weeks ago noticed a large lump under my chin. Phoned my GP and he prescribed me an antibiotic as my throat was also a bit achy. I've finished the course of antibiotics now and the lump on my neck has decreased slightly in size but is still there. I was lying on my chest in bed and noticed a pain around my collarbone. I felt around and it seems i have two large lumps on each collarbone with the left slightly painful. I'm worried now that it may be something more sinister as last year i had physio for what was thought to be torn adductors but im worried now that it may have been a sign of swelling in my groin also. Not long ago I had pain in my lower left abdomen that was so painful o considered going to A&E and ive been on/off sick for a few months. My GP would only talk to me on the phone due to the Covid 19 outbreak. Should i be ringing back asking to be seen? Do you think it's something to worry about?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You may need stronger antibiotics, or take them for a longer period. The problem with antibiotics is only when we take them until the infection is completely gone do they work. If the infection is not fully gone after finishing the medication, the infection grows back. But high dosage antibiotics are dangerous for breathing and the heart, this is why antibiotics are rationed.

• Posted

I think it isnt much of a problem, although i do think you need clarification, maybe your doctor can give you something for your issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.