symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ive been not well for 11 weeks now, doc thought a chest infection, got antibiotics and steroids which gave me acid in tummy. Anyway 11 weeks on, last week i got an endoscopy which confirmed i have gastrisitis and ben put on tablets, but im getting bad pressure in my head, my ears always seem like they need popping, cant seem to breathe through my nose lately and i constantly think theres something stuck in my throat, does any of this some familiar? doc the other day gave me a nasal spray to see if that helps. colleen

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Colleen,

I Been going threw this as well for about the same amount of time. Do you have jaw pain I know this sounds a bit strange but have you heard of tmd? You have all the symptoms. I have the same symptoms as you. I got really sick last week from the acid reflux and some medication I was taking had to get off it. It's a pain. my chest hurts right now feels like I have a lot of phlegm in it. I just went to the doc today to get some allergy med to help it probably won't cause the root problem is (tmj) temporomandibular joint disorder. it's sucks I have post nasal drip and pains and headaches in my head from pressure and tension. I have insomnia now from it. My teeth and jaw constantly hurt. It's affecting my life. If you do have jaw pain then it's most deff tmj I would talk to your dentist about it.

• Posted

hi rinna, i dont sleep either, i have a bit of a pain under my ear but i thought it was coming off that. Doctors are putting everything down to anxiety. I seem to be very light sensitive also. Theyve recently put me on a nasal spray and anti histamine also. Ive convinced myself i have something more serious like a brain tumour or something, but i just dont seem to be getting to the bottom of it and no one is listening or giving me answers 
    • Posted

I know how you feel! It sucks! I completely did a turn for the worse! I've changed so much in the past 3 months it's sad. But you don't have a brain tumor I thought I did too until I got all these other tmd symptoms in my right ear I have tinnitus it's getting worse it useto be a faint sound now it's really loud and disturbes my sleep. I only get 4 hrs a sleep a day for the past 4 weeks. I'm sensitive to light also. I went to my doctor 8 times in the last 2 months lol I just need to go to my dentist and fix my bite. Next time you go to the dentist just ask them to make sure you don't have tmd so you could rule that out.
    • Posted

Me too each day seems like I'm getting worse. I don't want to sleep cause I feel like I'm going to stop breathing plus it dosnt help I have high blood pressure and I don't sleep as it is. Sometimes I feel like I'm never gonna go back to the person I useto be. I wish you luck ! I'm trying my best to be postive just hold on in there smile .
    • Posted

yeah that sounds like me too, i want to be me again, not this crying wreck ive turned into :-(
    • Posted

Me too all I do is cry. I guess it could be worse but I feel as tho I'm gonna die from this. smh it's crazy because 3 months ago I was fine being silly ol me now I'm super depressed and have anxiety and all other stuff sad how do you deal? do u try to get ur mind off it ?
    • Posted

i dont, im not coping well at all because i know this just isnt me. Im driving my family up the wall and i have 3 boys that are distressed at seeing their mum like this. If this is anxiety and im doing it all to myself then well i need help from someone, but im convinced theres something that theyre missing. I dont really want to be on my own at the moment whereas before i enjoyed my own company. Im just really sad :-(
    • Posted

Me too I hate being alone now when then I loved having my space. I know this sound cliche and I don't know if ur religious or not but I'm going to pray for you and ur family. Your boys need there mama back! It has to get better!
    • Posted

Thats very kind of you, been doing alot of that myself lately, thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.