Symptoms..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my Son 22, my husband 48, my Nephew 19 and my Sister in law 51 have all got GS. My son has had what I think are symptoms of this since before he was born. At a 34 week scan his liver was large/ borderline. When he was about 2 weeks old he started with Jaundice. He had very loose stools which were often a green colour. When he started primary school he had not eaten. He was sent home as he was yellow, and felt very tired and week. As a child he would often get a sore tummy with certain foods or bad heads. As he entered his teens his eyes kept yellowing and he developed tremors. The doctors put it down to hormones. He would struggle sometimes to concentrate then other times he would fly through his school work. He had ADHD so was very active and had a good diet. However he would often complain about feeling tired. He started his dream job at 16 as a BMW technician. Starting full time work and studying left him exhausted and he developed anxiety and OCD. W e thought this was strain an would improve once he completed his training. At 20 years old he became very ill and very yellow. He was taken into hospital where they removed his gallbladder as it was full of gallstones. He was in hospital for 2 weeks. He is now 22, he still suffers pain down his right side, his skin and eyes yellow, his hands shake, he gets very unsteady if he misses a meal he has bad heads, feels very unwell and sickly if he eats cheese or pastry, he has regular bad heads. He is often exhausted, he has bouts of anxiety and some times brain fog. We were told that other than the yellowing of his skin and an inability to digest certain tablets he would not know he had GS. So not true. He inherited it from his father who throughout our time together has had yellowing eyes and severe tiredness. He was diagnosed a couple of years ago with thyroid problems. Which I have read on here has been associated with GS. My Nephew has been diagnosed with GS he has had several health issues but he is suffering from headaches. They are blaming stress and blood pressure. His mother, (my husband sister) also has GS. She has also been diagnosed with ME and Fibromyalgia. As long as I have known her she has had headaches, stomache problems and anxiety. Has anyone else found connections to these other symptoms or conditions that have been diagnosed as having GS?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

So many relatives have this syndrome... And you didnt prepare? Do blood tests for vitamins and metals for this boy and give him some copper. Without supplements life will be unbearable for him

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.