Symptoms difference

Posted , 4 users are following.

What is the difference between indigestion,  angina and heart attack?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Indigestion is to do with the esophagas and acid relfux angina is a.oxegen supply imbalance to the heart and does not usually cause a heart attack but it could happen
  • Posted

I will explain what happened to me a couple of years ago now.

Had what I thought was indigestion, just a feeling of being uncomfortable in my chest, when to bed about 10pm and found I couldn't lie down, couldn't breathe, and uncomfortable became pain. Rang the ambulance service and explained what was happening, they sent out a team from the heart unit, put me on ECG, and decided to transport me.

Dr's saw me straight away at the local hospital, treated with various drugs, they thought I may have had some kind of virus.

End result was I did not have a heart issue, but I did have peri cardiditis, fluid around heart restricting its ability to beat correctly.

As I understand it, if I had left it and not decided to ring the ambulance, it would have become life threating given more time.

Dr told me in no uncertain terms if you have pain like that again in your chest we would be delighted to find you have a bad dose of indigestion rather than find you dead on the floor the following morning.

NEVER take chest pain lightly is my conculsion.

• Posted

I totaly agree lyn iv just been told i have a slight leeky valve but they just goin to monitor it
    • Posted

From my experience with husband with heart failure and my own scare, it is important you try to keep fit, follow your dr's instructions re what tablets you should be taking, even ask about should you be taking this or that.

I don't give my husband anything without asking first, even vitamin or supliments tablets.

I do give him passionflower when and if he gets a patch of very anxious feelings, side effect of his heart issue, although I suspect has been there for many years previous, just didn't show up as a panic attacks.

Keep you weight at a healthy level, get onto a good dietitian, we have, and it has helped no end, need to go back again to freshen up with lazy habits slipping back in, and husband triglicedrides up again, double what should be normal.

• Posted

Thanks for replies much clearer, so a slight pain to the left of the breastbone is angina?
    • Posted

Best make doc appointment as they will advise u and do the rite tests to confirm what it is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.